Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Columbus Day in Acadia

Happy Columbus Day!

I don't have tomorrow off.

But last year I did!




And Dave and I went on the trip of all trips to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. We camped with a fabulous bay view right outside our tent door, ate lobster and blueberry pancakes, hiked a harrowing hike that had us both truly frightened, took in some SPECTACULAR views at the end of that hike (documented in that wind-blown photo taken by a librarian we met at the top!), and watched the sunrise from the summit of Cadillac Mountain, the first point in the US to see the sun break the horizon (and someone played bagpipes as the sun was rising, sigh!).


It will go down as one of my best memories from my stint as a New Englander.


If you have a chance, get out there and breathe some fresh air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment