Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Running a marathon.

Things I did this payday:
  • paid some bills
  • purchased tickets for holiday travel
  • bought a gallon of milk
  • ate about 17 pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies and then felt all bad about it
  • registered for the Lansing, Michigan Marathon (May 24, 2014)
...it just happened. What can I say? Oops? 

I mean YES! Girl needs to get herself running again. And by running I mean running farther than 3 miles.

I miss my marathoning days and nothing motivates me like signing up so I just went ahead and did it (I'm banking on the 7 months between now and then to get it together). Then I posted it to this blog for all to see so you can hold me accountable.


Look at little baby cherub me way back in yesteryear when I ran my first 26.2 in 2009. Chicago. It was cold. I was scared. But it turned out to be good, sooo good, deep down in your aching muscles, chafing arms, and I'll NEVER do this again good. The best marathon I've run. And the training was just what I needed at the time, and I feel I need it again.

Just wanted you to know because I love yah!

Pained smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment