Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Happy Friday!

Greetings, weekend. Where have you been all my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? It was a long one, folks, this past week. But we're here. Hope abounds! 

What I'm Reading:


The Chosen by Chaim Potok, 1967

Required high school reading at a former employer, I pulled The Chosen out from the dark underbelly of my bookshelf (you never know what you'll find back there). This digging and rummaging happened the other night in a fitful craving for adult fiction. One long chapter in and so far so good. I don't know much yet, but that chapter and the book jacket point to a friendship story starring Bobby Malter and Danny Saunders, an Orthodox and a Hasidic Jew, set in Brooklyn in the 1940s. Like many, I'm vulnerable to coming of age stories (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, anyone?) so I have high expectations.

     I may or may not be fascinated with Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford...can't seem to tear my eyes away
     from this not just because of his rap sheet but because he won't resign.

What I'm Viewing:

     With all the energy it takes to run a marathon, maybe I should consider applying it somewhere
     else?! Boiling 20 eggs, perhaps?

     Check out this fascinating map of worldwide births and deaths (found on Cup of Jo).

     I've been barreling through season after season of Mad Men several years behind the curve
     which tends to be the way of the MC TV world.

What I'm Loving:

     Hasn't it been lovely this November, bright and bold and beautiful?

     Michigan State basketball is upon us! Go Green, right? Headed to my first game tomorrow night.
     But IU, the old alma mater, is on the calendar, too. Tickets arrived in the mail for a game this
     December. Reunion with the college roommate in a few short weeks!

     There are some neat exhibits on the docket of a few Indianapolis museums including Matisse at 
     the IMA and Leonardo the well-preserved duckbill dinosaur is on his way to the Children's
     Museum.

     Emily Dickinson loved to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment