Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

NPR loves books.

Do you love NPR or do you LOVE NPR? Morning Edition accompanies me to school each morning.

NPR tells me all about books like Ready Player One which was AWESOME. After that spot on review, I put my trust in them. Here are some great interviews I've heard lately for books I'd like to read:



This girl (me) is a total sucker for adventure books, climbing, scaling, paddling, diving. You name it.   Of course, I enjoy reading them from the safety of my bed.

"These were just incredible men with the grit, you know, the strength of character, you know. These were men who just didn't know that there were limits to what a man could do." Wade Davis

I love that line from the interview.

*This link also includes a passage from the book.


Yes, please Mr. Sims. Shed some insight on E.B. White's "barn book."

And I could not embed the audio of this interview, but go to the link and LISTEN TO IT.


I have kind of read bits and pieces of Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin (2005) which is all about Lincoln's rivals in the presidential primary of 1860 who become members of his cabinet. So I've met Mr. William Seward as one of those rivals and am curious about this book. After all, who wouldn't want to read the biography of the man who "purchased" Alaska?

Do any of them sound intriguing? I see they're all nonfiction, MC. And so the pendulum swings back.

No comments:

Post a Comment