Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Go Spartans!


This past Saturday I attended my first Michigan State football game. Go Spartans! Now that Dave is back to school and doing his darndest to remain a college student forever, I am jumping on the bandwagon of his new team, the Michigan State Spartans. 

The game was, well, cold. And wet. Like both really cold and wet for a football game in mid-October. It was 36 degrees and raining. This picture does not do it justice:


Don't we look happy?

Actually, it was  a great time. I was a little nervous during the tailgate when I couldn't stop myself from shivering, but we had hot chocolate and Dave's friend brought breakfast burritos. And just the thought of breakfast burritos warms me up. Our friends Patrick and Lucy flew all the way from Minneapolis to visit for the weekend. I felt bad it wasn't a spectacular fall day with foliage and 50 degree temps a la Rudy, but they were great sports. The four of us stuck it out for not only the tailgate but most of the game. And though I wasn't as invested as many of those Spartan fans, I did feel some allegiance to Michigan State. Give me a little time, and I'll be painting my face green and white.

Patrick and Lucy are great and wonderful people who are up for anything. Having just bought a condo in Minneapolis, those two braved the unfriendly weather with gusto. It has been a long while since we spent any real time together. Patrick and Dave were roommates way back in yesteryear in this magical place called Hermosa Beach, CA. And they are soul mates. Isn't it convenient that Patrick's wife Lucy is wonderful, too? (It doesn't hurt that she is a little foodie who needs to teach me all of her recipes for things like spaghetti squash. Help me, Lucy!) I'm so happy these two are just a hop, skip, and a jump across a great lake. I hope this weekend visit was the start of a new tradition. 

It should also be noted I bought a 26 lb pumpkin for the library. 


The kids stare at it in wonder.

P.S. Dave has been flexing his host muscles lately. He had the whole weekend planned with groceries, tailgating passes, game tickets, and assorted activities for the agenda. I was really impressed. Go Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment